This is the official site for Mind Your Manas, a brand new upcoming heavily moddable online trading card game.
The game will soon be public on Steam, but in the meantime feel free to browse the website! Take a look at some videos, screenshots, and even learn how to run or mod your own server! It would probably help if you had access to the game on Steam first, but maybe it'll help you get a head start when you eventually get your hands on the game!
If you'd like to chat with the developer and community, you can join our Discord server here! Who knows, maybe you'll be able to snag a Steam Key and playtest the game early!
About the game
Mind Your Manas is a moddable online trading card game. Battle against other players or enemy AI to win prizes. Trade cards with other players to create the perfect deck with the cards you receive. Join different user-hosted servers for different experiences, as each server can potentially have a completely different collection of cards to choose from. Create your own cards, run your own server, and change the rules to fit your own desires for the game!
- Collect monies and cards by battling AI and other players
- Purchase card packs with monies that contain 5 random cards with at least one guaranteed rare card
- Sell your excess cards for extra Monies
- Trade cards with other players
- Run your own server with your own custom card collection, rules, enemies, and music
The rules of the game are easy to learn, but there is some strategy involved that will separate good players from great ones! Here are the basics of how a match plays out:
- Each player has a mana pool that starts at zero and automatically increases by one each turn, up to a maximum amount (depending on the server rules).
- At the start of the player's turn, they gain one mana and draw cards until their hand is full (max of four).
- The player can choose to either place their cards onto the board (mana permitting), or return it to the bottom of their deck. Returning a card may yield some extra mana for the player.
- There are eight slots the player can place a card in on the board, organized into two columns of four. A card cannot be placed into the back column slots unless there is a card placed in the front row.
- When a card is destroyed in the front column and there's a card in the back column of that row, the back card is pushed to the front.
- Cards can only attack in the directions indicated on them (top, center, or bottom), can only attack while in the front column (unless they have the Ranged power), and can only attack enemy cards in the front column (unless they have the Backstab power). If there is an empty slot in one of the card's attack directions, they are able to attack the enemy player's health.
- Each card can have special powers that give them an extra edge:
- Dash: Can attack on the same turn it was placed.
- Ranged: Can attack from the back row and avoids damage.
- Poison: Infects cards that take damage from this card, dealing 1 damage to them at the start of the owner's turn.
- Piercing: Overdamage carries over to the card behind the one being hit.
- Mana Regen: Owner gains 1 mana at the end of their turn.
- Healer: At the end of the owner's turn, heals all cards in front of this card's attack directions.
- First Strike: Does not take damage if it kills what it attacks.
- Cleave: Deals damage in all available directions.
- Chilly: Freezes anything that takes damage from this card.
- Backstab: Able to attack cards in the back row.
- Once a player's health reaches zero, the game is over and the other player is victorious! Winning a match will grant the victor some Monies (the game's currency) as well as a random card from the opponent's deck.